Pages

Sunday 30 October 2011

Capability Brown Woz 'Ere...

For the first Sunday in a little while I have found my self at a bit of a loose end in Bath, and in need to some fresh air, so I thought I would explore the National Trust managed Prior Park Gardens just down the road from my house. It was a good move - the gardens are lovely, with some very good views down the valley to the city, full of autumnal colour, and as all the National Trust literature is at pains to point out; one of the only Palladian bridges in the world (there are three others apparently). You have to admire the Georgians for building such an extravagant yet essentially useless structure, but if gives us something to look at and photograph on a lazy Sunday, so I have endeavoured to take many pictures to bore you all!





There was some pretty old graffiti on the bridge! The whole thing was absolutely crowded by ladybirds as well, the stone must of warmed in the sun during the day. While I was there a guy proposed to his girlfriend on the bridge - I wonder how many proposals have been made on said bridge?




Happy Sunday everyone : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, make a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.