Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Seafoam and Mermaids

We took a walk down to the sea at the weekend to see what was left after all the storms, Durdledoor is still standing at least! I do love this part of the coast, and possibly have enough versions of some of these views to make up an entire calendar of pictures. Hey ho, here are some more for you :) And as I am in a poetic mood, a haiku too...

Heart shines in the 'door
Fierce winds, white horses jump free
Treasure from mermaids

I didn't say it was good ;)







And because I am a biologist and can't help myself, here are some mermaid's purses, which I think may be from a Blonde Ray (Raja brachyura), thanks for an excellent ID guide Shark Trust!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, make a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.